Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Our Parent-Led Routine

 Oh this girl.  We finally, seven months later, figured out a routine that works for us all.  Yay!!
 I need time with her in the morning before I leave for work.  So, not to force her into being a morning person or anything, but I wake her at 6:30 so I can nurse and change her and such.  I leave for work at 7:15.  Nana and Daddy take over (he works from home, Nana is often at home to help!)
 She goes down for a nap at 9am.  The strategy with her bottle, since she kept only taking half of it anyway, is that we offer her half of it before her nap and she has the other half when she wakes up.  She sleeps 1.5-2 hours during her morning nap.
I come home at noon for lunch.  After I nurse her, we all sit at the table and eat.  She gums on stuff off our plates or enjoys a steamed veggie I put though the Baby Bullet (thanks Veronica! Awesome gift!!).  Then we  play until I have to go back at about 12:45.  I am SO spoiled to get to do this everyday - I know this.

She goes down for her afternoon nap at 2pm with the same strategy of a bottle before and after.  (Usually it is about two ounces each feeding.  This girl is a nibbler, like her mom - I grazed through my entire pregnancy as full meals did not sit well with me!).

I am home by 4:45 and we nurse right away and then all go out for a family walk or run.  Walking means she is in a carrier, and a run = jogging stroller.  It is awesome - she loves being outside, especially if there are doggies around.  She squeals with delight if she sees a dog!  So funny because we don't even have one.

Same routine around the dinner table at 6, and bath at 7.  She is put in the crib at 7:30 on the dot.

So far, so good.  It was a bit nutty there for awhile when she was taking naps  here and there but never at set times and she was sometimes asleep when it was my lunch hour.  We are grateful to have such a happy, healthy baby.  She is not too interested in food yet but little by little we are trying new things. 

How is it possible that it is almost OCTOBER?!  Time flies.  The nights are long but the years are short...so they say...

1 comment:

Becky said...

I'm glad you've finally gotten a little bit of a routine during the day, hopefully that's helping at night! Babies change so quickly that the minute you think you've gotten a routine, they need something else! I am so glad for you that you can come home and see her at lunch everyday, what a huge blessing for a full-time working mom! Was just on the phone with a classmate from law school who just had their second baby, she is not so lucky.