Wednesday, July 10, 2013

20 weeks

We have an almost five month old on our hands.  Life is full and since Google Reader went kaput I don't really blog anymore; I hardly have time to keep up in my personal (handwritten) journal.  But, for the few of you that are not on Facebook, here is our Little Miss.
 She has more personality than I can document here.  The happiest baby that I have ever met.  She is only a stinker when she refuses to take a bottle, or wants to play when it is time to go to bed.
She has adapted well to a lot of changes.  Since March of last year, we have moved four times.  Our first place in Western Washington had a smoking neighbor.  The next house, the landlord was not paying his mortgage, and the house was foreclosed on.  The next place was a temporary opportunity for three months until we found a long-term rental, which we just moved into on July 1.  Mama is tired, and Daddy is tired of packing and unpacking!  We are grateful to be getting settled into a large split-level home with Nana living with us.  She retired at the end of June and has moved closer to her grandkids - and we are thankful for all her help!
Work continues to be interesting.  I have been assisting in an inpatient unit for the past month and my observations so far are:  stay off of drugs.  Nearly every client had issues start with marijuana.  Interesting in a state that just legalized the stuff...

Matt and I love parenthood and we also love how it has brought us closer as well.  So many new things!

So there we go, if I have any readers left out there!  :)

8 comments:

E said...

Yay!!!! I was literally just looking at your blog last night wondering how you're doing!

Anonymous said...

Yes! You have other readers. Tried to send you a FB message but since we aren't "friends" there, it wouldn't take. Baby is beautiful!

D. in IL

Renee Hummell said...

I still have checked every week (at least) to see if you posted yet! So glad you have...I enjoy reading about you, Matt, and precious Adaryn. God bless and keep you always dear friend. ;)

Anonymous said...

So glad to hear that you and your family are well!

Becky said...

You guys are my heros! FOUR MOVES?!? Good grief. The thing I just shake my head at about having a baby: we thought we knew exhaustion when we were in college and pulled all-nighters. What a blessing to have Matt's mom (right - not your mom?) live so close and be able to help out so much. Hang in there, it gets so much easier when you are getting consistent sleep - blessings my friend!

GG said...

Yes, you have readers / lurkers! So happy to see this update! Thank you.

Rebekah Thomas said...

You do have readers. :) So glad to hear you are all doing well. She is a BEAUTIFUL little girl!!!! It's neat how having a little bonds mom & dad in a different, special way. I also found your observation interesting. My hubby teaches high school and has said that same thing about marijuana for years.

((hugs)) to you all from NC!

Rach said...

I'm still here and I'm NOT on FB, so THANK YOU for the update!! :o)

She's just precious and look at that infectious smile! :o)