Thursday, February 14, 2013

41 Weeks, 6 Days

Yep, you read that title right!  I am still with child.  And, she has until midnight tomorrow night to exit her cozy home, or I lose privileges to the Birth Center that I signed up (and paid for).  They cannot legally allow her to be delivered past 42 weeks gestation.

It has been a rough two weeks.  There have been a lot of curve balls thrown at us, which I believe has caused me to be tense and not relaxed enough to allow the natural labor process to unfold.  I am discouraged by the circumstances, which are mostly related to our housing.  Our landlord put the house up for sale at the absolute worst time possible, while we still have six months left on our lease.  And, we are getting calls to set up appointments for interested parties to walk all through my perfected nested home.  I don't think so.

I also decided to keep on working up until I went into labor to conserve as much leave time as possible.  I just had no idea that I was going to go to almost 42 weeks!  Today is my last day before maternity leave.  I am going to spend tomorrow eating, sleeping, laughing, drinking castor oil and hot raspberry leaf tea, doing jumping jacks and lunges....

So that is the most recent update.  My next one WILL be the birth of my child!

5 comments:

Rach said...

Oh HONEY! Oh!! I'm SO sorry! I thought when you hadn't written in so long that your little girl had arrived and you and Matt were just so busy with her.

I'm sure you are beyond uncomfortable, and the mess with your housing situation is horrible.

I know you will be devastated to lose your birthing center privileges--and I certainly understand!--but I want you to remember this one very important fact: the end goal of labor and delivery is a healthy mama and a healthy baby, no matter how that has to come about.

In other words, don't beat yourself up if you are unable to have the delivery you have dreamed of. If you and your sweet baby are well, that's the most important thing.

I'm praying for you, girlie! It's time to evict that baby of yours! :oP

E said...

I have been anticipating a post. Yes, I totally agree with Rach...no matter what...a healthy momma and baby is most important. Praying for you sweet friend and cannot wait to "meet" her!!!! Love you!!!

Becky said...

Hi! Just saw this post (after your FB post this morning!) and now I'm DYING to know what happened ... C'mon, you don't have anything else to do but fill in your friends over the internet, right? Kidding!

Sorry to hear about the housing situation, crummy timing, indeed!

All jokes and minor details aside, I am so absolutely happy for you and Matt, my friend!

Inkling said...

I'm with Becky. Today I was thinking it might be fun to drive there and type your post while you dictate it. I'd offer to do babyholding instead, but now that I'm passionate about mama-baby-papa bonding time without interference from other folks in the uber early days, I guess I'll restrict myself from offering that.

I hope you are well and that your recovery time is wonderful, smooth, and fast. And when and if you are up for sharing your story here, I'll be all ears.

Just know you are loved, and we were all smiles and happy tears here with your news on FB.

jeffuharris said...

Data Conversion is the process of converting one data type or data format to another digital data format with the required structure and coding as needed. Outsource Data Conversion Services is essential for each and every organization, since the data comes from various formats from different sources like paper documents, forms; excel files, word documents, access databases, scanned images of paper documents etc. This pile of data costs an organization in many ways like storage cost, retrieval cost, and a greater amount of cost is involved in spending time and man-power resources to get information from it when needed.